Frequently Asked Questions
ALT 5 Pro Support.
Please find the answer to your question in our FAQ below.
If you are unable to find it, you can send a request to our support team by submitting the form.
ALT 5 Pro is a proprietary trading platform where by you can buy, sell and hold Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Bitcoin SV, Litecoin, Ethereum, Tether, and other popular cryptocurrencies as well as Physical Gold, and Physical Silver.
You can register for an ALT 5 Pro account by clicking the “Register Now” button located in the navigation menu at the top of this website. Alternatively you can click here to register for an account.
ALT 5 Pro is 100% free to join and you will not be charged any fee to register an account with us.
The process is simple and quick:
- Click the “Register Now” button at the top of the website and fill out the form or click here to go to the form directly.
- Once your account is created, you will have access to our dashboard.
- You will receive a welcome email and a request to verify your email address. Please click the button to verify your address.
- * Before you are able to load your account with any funds and begin trading, you will need to verify your account and identity. This is done through our iComply widget. You will need to click on “verify account” located at the bottom of your dashboard in the “profile” tab.
The “verify now” button will appear when you first register your account (as a pop-up window) and have not verified. Click the button to take you to the verification widget. (See below)
Alternatively the “verify account” button is located in your dashboard at the bottom of your profile tab. (shown below). Click the button to take you to the verification widget. (See below)
We have partnered with iComply for verification purposes. You will need to go through the verification widget after clicking on “verify account” within the ALT 5 Pro dashboard OR pop-up screen when you first register your account. You will have to verify your personal details:
- Name and address
- Identity (provide a drivers license, passport or government ID card) – Note: make sure your ID photos are clear and complete, on a dark background in .jpg format.
- Biometric Authentication (Live test photos or upload of a photo holding your ID) – Note: You CANNOT use your ID as your biometric authentication photo.
- POA (proof of address) which contains your first and last name and current address dated within previous 3 months. Acceptable POA are any statements from Federal, Provincial, Territorial or Municipal levels of government, OR a utility bill or mobile bill – Note: You Cannot use your ID as POA.
Account verification is necessary to prevent identity theft or fraud, and to prove that it is really you. It is also required by regulations.
Here are the steps and requirements to convert an individual account to a business corporate trading account:
NOTE: You MUST first sign up and register as an individual and follow the steps to become verified.
1. You must contact support ([email protected]) to request to trade as a corporation and have your account converted. *Please reference your name, login email and the legal name of your Corporation you are going to be trading under.
2. You must provide the following documentation and information (required by regulations) to trade as a corporate account:
a. Incorporation documents
b. Proof of address (utility bill, phone bill dated within 3 months of current date)
c. List of all UBO over 10%, including name and %
d. Government ID of any UBO over 10%
PLEASE SEND YOUR DOCUMENTS TO: [email protected]
UBO Definition: A UBO or Ultimate Beneficial Owner is the person that is the ultimate beneficiary when an institution initiates a transaction. The definition of who constitutes a UBO varies between jurisdiction, but generally a UBO is defined as an individual who holds a minimum of 10-25% (dependent on jurisdiction) of capital or voting rights in the underlying entity.
For more info regarding UBO:
Once your account is verified, you will be able to deposit funds to your account with cryptocurrency or fiat currency.
- Click on the menu icon at the top right.
- Click on Balances from the drop down menu.
- Choose your asset and click the blue Deposit link.
- Instructions will pop-up for your preferred choice of deposit.
- Enter the amount that you would like to deposit.
The limit price is the price at which you want a limit order to be fulfilled or better.
- A limit order buy can only be executed at the limit price or lower
- A limit order sell can only be executed at the limit price or higher
The price you set for limit orders depends on how quickly you want the order to fill, and your opinion on where the price will be in the future. If you are willing to wait and think that the price will move in your favor in the future, then just set the limit buy or sell price to where you think the price will move in the future. If you want the limit order to fill as quickly as possible, look at the current order book to determine your limit price. You can find the order book under the “Order Book” tab at the bottom of your order form.
Click the menu icon at the top right-hand side. Click on Balance from the menu. You will be able to see your balance on this page. You will also receive an email notification of your deposit made.
Select withdraw from within your dashboard. You will be asked for your preferred method of withdrawal.
1. Transit numbers must match the branch where the account was opened/held
2. Clients should include their email address on wire instruction, this is useful to locate the account to credit
3. Make sure you fill out the ticket (in the pop-up screen during a deposit)
a. Use the banking instructions and send your transfer through your bank
b. Put the amount you transferred in the field and click “send” in the pop-up window AFTER sending your funds with your bank.
* The pop-up window ticket is important because it sends a reference ticket to ALT 5 accounting. This is how we are alerted of a wire or transfer and it is connected to your account information.
1. Clients must provide the Institution number (3 digits) – The transit number (which should be 5 digits), and the Account number
** Preferably in the following format 003-05051-1124567 (Institution-Transit-Account)
Prime Trust incoming wires
1. Clients must ensure that the reference number (QCCUSZTF2) is provided on the wire request.
If this number is not provided the deposits go into suspense and it takes a lot of time to track down, thus a delay in the account being credited.
BCB CAD wire transfers
1. CAD funds sent to BCB are not converted.
We have over 50 digital assets/cryptocurrencies available on our platform such as Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Litecoin, Cardano, Dogecoin, Chainlink and more. View our digital assets here.
We have physical gold and silver available on the ALT 5 Pro platform.